New Hampshire Sea Grant (NHSG) is making approximately $45,000 in Development Funds available to eligible applicants for research, extension, education, and communications projects in summer 2019 that support progress toward goals presented in the 2018-2021 NH Sea Grant Strategic Plan. Preference will be given to proposed work that involves integration of these four aspects of our Program.
We anticipate funding 5-10 projects, and encourage proposals with budgets ranging up to $10,000.
These funds DO NOT require the standard 50% non-federal match for Sea Grant projects or indirect costs.
The deadline to submit proposals is May 10, 2019 by 5 p.m., and funding decisions will be made by May 17, 2019.
Proposed work may begin June 1, 2019 and must be completed by August 31, 2019. No extensions can be made, and there will be no ability to spend funds after August 31, 2019.
How can the funds be used?
Appropriate uses of funding include:
- Research that will lead to additional or increased funding for the principal investigator from any extramural funding agency
- Activities that promote progress toward goals outlined in the 2018-2021 NH Sea Grant Strategic Plan
- Funding for workshops and meetings that are led by New Hampshire marine researchers or are related to NHSG-funded research
Funds cannot be used to purchase equipment, defined as apparatus costing $5,000 or more.
Proposal letters should be prepared on letterhead stationery and should be no more than two pages in length. Letters must include:
- Brief description of the work to be performed
- List of project participants, with contact information
- Rationale for seeking these summer 2019 NHSG Development Funds based on the appropriate uses of funds listed above
- Itemized budget and budget explanation (not included in page limit)
Submit your proposal via email as a Word Document or PDF to Steve Jones, Assistant Director for Research (email@example.com), by May 10, 2019 at 5 p.m.
You will be required to submit a final report on project activities to NHSG by November 30, 2019.
Associate Director & Assistant Director for Research