Graduate Fellowship in Coastal Resources
NEW GRADUATE FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITY!
The New Hampshire Sea Grant Graduate Fellowship in Coastal Resources provides one-year of funding to qualified graduate students from New Hampshire institutions to undertake a project that addresses one or more objectives of the 2018-2021 NH Sea Grant Strategic Plan. Successful applicants will work with their graduate advisors and a NH Sea Grant (NHSG) Extension Specialist or Researcher to design and implement a project that combines aspects of their research agenda with related outcome objectives of the NHSG Strategic Plan.
Dates and Deadlines
- Application Period Opens: February 15, 2019
- Application Period Closes: April 1, 2019
- Funded Projects Announced: May 1, 2019
Funding and Match Requirement
Project initiation and funding dates will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the nature of the project.
Funding will be provided for one-year only, and are subject to a 50% match from appropriate sources. Applicants are encouraged to identify additional funding sources to support their projects during the funded year and beyond.
Approximately $70,000 total is available to fund 2-4 projects annually (roughly $17,500 to $35,000 per project).
Qualifications and Application Instructions
Applicants must be a current full-time graduate student from an accredited New Hampshire college or university.
Applicants will be asked to provide the following information to NH Sea Grant:
- Contact information
- Name of graduate institution
- Graduate degree sought
- Year of intended completion of graduate program
- Name of graduate advisor
- Contact information for graduate advisor
- Title of proposed project
- Description of proposed project
- NHSG Strategic Plan objectives to be addressed and how project supports progress toward stated objectives
- Participating NHSG Extension Staff
- Timetable for proposed project completion
- Proposed product from fellowship (e.g. poster, journal article, other)
- Budget, budget justification, and source of 50% match